To delete a message on Messenger from both sides, follow these steps:
- Open the Messenger app on your device.
- Go to the conversation where the message you want to delete is located.
- Tap and hold on the message you want to delete.
- A menu will appear with the option to “Delete.” Tap on “Delete” to delete the message.
- You will be prompted to confirm that you want to delete the message. Tap “Delete” to confirm.
Please note that this process only works if you and the other person in the conversation both have the Messenger app. If the other person does not have the Messenger app, you will not be able to delete the message from their side.
Additionally, keep in mind that deleting a message will remove it from your view, but it may not necessarily remove it from the other person’s view or from Facebook’s servers. If you want to ensure that a message is completely deleted and cannot be retrieved, you may want to consider using an encryption service or using a secure messaging app.